HOME / LEGAL DOCUMENTS
- What are cookies?
We use the term "cookies" to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically.
An "Internet Cookie" (also known as "browser cookie" or "HTTP cookie" or "cookie") is a small file of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed through a request issued by a web server to a browser (e.g.: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). The cookies once installed have a fixed lifetime, remaining "passive", in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user on whose equipment they were installed.
A cookie consists of two parts:
- the name of the cookie; and
- the content or value of the cookie.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that webserver.
- For what purposes cookies are used through this website:
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely for:
- improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur while visiting / using it by users;
- providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used to the Association for Community Relations, as the owner of this website;
- anticipation of possible goods that will be made available to users in the future through this website, depending on the services / products accessed.
Based on the feedback transmitted through cookies about the way in which this website is used, the Association for Community Relations may adopt measures to make this website more efficient and accessible to users.
- facilitating access to the users' account;
- What is the lifetime of cookies?
The lifetime of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifetime:
- Session cookies – A "session cookie" is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes his browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – A "persistent cookie" or "fixed" cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user's terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days or several years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
- What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on the website may be provided through third parties, i.e. not by the Association for Community Relations, in which case these cookies are referred to as cookies placed by third parties ("third party cookies").
These cookies may come from the following third parties: Google Analytics or Facebook.
- What cookies are used through this website:
By using / visiting the website, the following cookies can be placed: a. Website performance cookies
- User analysis cookies;
- Cookies for geotargetting;
- Registration cookies;
a. Performance cookies
Through this type of cookies, the preferences of the user of this website are stored, so that setting the preferences again in case of subsequent visit to the website is no longer necessary.
b. User analysis cookies
These cookies inform us if a particular user of the website has visited / used this website before. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only.
c. Cookies for geotargetting
These cookies are used by a software that determines the country of origin of the user of the website. The same ads will be received regardless of the language selected.
d. Cookies for registration
When you register on this site, cookies are generated that store this approach. The servers use these cookies to show us the account with which you are registered. Also, the use of these cookies allows us to associate any comment posted on the website with the username of the account used. If the "keep me registered" option has not been selected, these cookies will be automatically deleted at the time of the end of the browsing session.
- What type of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows you to recognize your browser. This website recognizes your browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
- Customizing your browser settings regarding cookies
If the computer or technical equipment used to navigate this website is used by more than one person, the setting for deleting individual browsing data may be considered each time the browser is closed.
- How can cookies be stopped?
Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a particular website.
All modern browsers offer the possibility to change cookie settings. These settings can usually be accessed in the "options" section or in your browser's "preferences" menu.
However, refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – but only that it will not be tailored to your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
For any further questions on how cookies are used through this website, please contact us at the email@example.com or at the phone number +0264.406.388